In my previous article, we talked about happiness, what affects it, and how to choose to live happily. To add icing to the cake, here are my top 13 happiness life quotes that can brighten up your day, help you consciously make that choice and inspire you going forward.
I am enjoying them, hope you do as well!
1. Happiness is not by chance, but by choice.” –Jim Rohn
We are the creature of habits. If we habitually choose happiness, it will effortlessly happen eventually.
2. “Nobody can hurt me without my permission.” –Mahatma Gandhi
Only we can decide whether to be affected by other people’s actions. The people, the thoughts, the circumstances are brought about by our choices. It is us who decides what comes in or what goes out. Only those people who we choose to be important in our lives have the power to hurt us.
3. “No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.” – Buddha
Waking up every morning is the beginning of another day, another day to learn from the past and make a different choice.
4. “If you suffer it is because of you, if you feel blissful it is because of you. Nobody else is responsible – only you and you alone. You are your hell and your heaven too.” –Osho
If we start seeking how things happened, we’ll be able to realize it’s all about the choices we made.
5. “Happiness is the experience of living every moment with love, grace, and gratitude.” –Denis Waitley
6. “I wake up every morning believing today is going to be better than yesterday.” –Will Smith
7. “Sometimes good things fall apart so that better things can fall together.” –Marilyn Monroe
Everything happens for a reason. If we keep our faith and hold on to our dreams, we’ll realize things are happening to give way to what we really wanted.
8. “There are two ways to be happy: improve your reality or lower your expectations.” –Jodi Picoult
9. “Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.” – Omar Khayyam
We only have now. Yesterday is memory and tomorrow is imagination.
10. “I think happiness is what makes you pretty. Period. Happy people are beautiful. They become like a mirror and they reflect that happiness.” –Drew Barrymore
If we are happy within, everything around us becomes beautiful, and others will be able to feel and see that beauty because it reflects on our attitude towards things, even in circumstances that make other people frustrated or depressed. Choosing happiness results in making us choose to see the good side of everything.
11. “The most important thing is to enjoy your life – to be happy – it’s all that matters.” Audrey Hepburn
Nothing is worth doing if we aren’t happy.
12. Now and then, it’s good to pause our pursuit of happiness and just be happy. –Robert Brault
13. “Happiness is an inside job. Don’t assign anyone else that much power over your life.” –Mandy Hale
If we let others become the source of our happiness, that happiness can soon be taken away from us the moment that source walk out of our lives.
As for my own share of personal thoughts on how to live a happy life, I choose to believe that everything happens for a reason, and for that reason, I learned to let go of all the things I cannot change.
Life is precious; sooner or later it will end. So for now, choose happiness while you can.
Did you enjoy these quotes as much as I do? Let me know your thoughts or own sets of quotes that help you feel good every day.
All the best,
King Kong’s Girl